ICT at Charnwood-Dunlop School
Charnwood Dunlop School has fast speed wireless Internet architecture across the school. Students have access to a range of connected electronic devices such as Chromebooks and iPads. Students build their ICT skills through targeted skills (needs) based instruction occurring on a regular basis and this is done with individual children, within classrooms, within small groups, or within the STEAM lessons.
ICT resources in 2022
* Kindergarten have access to iPads
* Years 1 to 2 students have access to both shared iPads and Chromebooks
* Years 3 to 6 students have personally allocated Chromebooks
* A variety of tools to assist in learning programming basics
* Every classroom space or learning space has an Interactive Whiteboard or touch screen functionality.
* A range of software applications and online tools are accessed to support learning programs
ICT use is integrated into the school’s PBL values and all students are given the knowledge of how to use ICT when being safe respectful learners in all areas of the school.
In addition, every year 'ThinkUKnow' provides a presentation for students in Years 5 and 6. ThinkUKnow is an evidence-based cyber safety program that provides presentations to Australian parents, carers and teachers and students. It provides information on the technologies young people use, the challenges they may face, and importantly, how they can be overcome. The presentations cover topics such as social media reputation management, cyberbullying, online grooming, online gaming, inappropriate content, privacy management, identity theft, how to protect your devices, and how to report matters when things go wrong.