Charnwood-Dunlop School has a School Psychologist, Amanda McCann. Amanda is available to support CDS students, staff and parents on Wednesdays and Thursdays and can be contacted via firstname.lastname@example.org.
Youth Support Worker
The Youth Support Worker at Charnwood-Dunlop School is Isaac Jacobs. Isaac works Monday to Friday and has a flexible timetable to allow him to support students in a variety of ways including social-emotional learning and developing life skills. He can be contacted on 6142 2680.
Aboriginal Liaison Officer
The Aboriginal Education Officer at Charnwood-Dunlop School is Tash Lillywhite. Tash works Monday to Thursday to collaborate with CDS staff, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander students, families and the school community to meet the needs and aspirations of all Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander students.
External services and websites that offer counselling and information to both parents and children :
- Parentline provide free telephone counselling to parents/carers in the ACT. They can be contacted on 62873833 and more information can be found on their website. http://parentlineact.org.au/
- Kids helpline is a free service where children can connect with counsellors over the phone, via email or through an online chat system. They can be contacted on 1800551800. https://kidshelpline.com.au/kids
- Beyond blue provide some helpful information and guidance on mental health conditions experienced by both children and adults. https://www.beyondblue.org.au/
- The emerging minds website has a range of resources available to support families during COVID-19 lockdown. These resources are aimed at parents and carers to help them support their child’s mental health. The emerging minds website address is www.emergingminds.com.au
- Headspace website and app provide strategies children can use when feeling anxious, for example, journaling and mindfulness. https://headspace.org.au/
- Australian Psychological Society provide information sheets on how to manage various problems including lockdown fatigue and remote learning strategies for children with learning difficulties. https://www.psychology.org.au/for-the-public/Psychology-topics/COVID-19-Australians