Charnwood-Dunlop School has a School Psychologist, Carmel JeanSeymour. Carmel is available to support CDS students, staff and parents three days a week and can be contacted via firstname.lastname@example.org.
Youth Support Worker
The Youth Support Worker at Charnwood-Dunlop School is Isaac Jacobs. Isaac works Monday to Friday and has a flexible timetable to allow him to support students in a variety of ways including social-emotional learning and developing life skills. He can be contacted on 6142 2680.
External services and websites that offer counselling and information to both parents and children :
- Parentline provide free telephone counselling to parents/carers in the ACT. They can be contacted on 62873833 and more information can be found on their website. http://parentlineact.org.au/
- Kids helpline is a free service where children can connect with counsellors over the phone, via email or through an online chat system. They can be contacted on 1800551800. https://kidshelpline.com.au/kids
- Beyond blue provide some helpful information and guidance on mental health conditions experienced by both children and adults. https://www.beyondblue.org.au/
- The emerging minds website has a range of resources available to support families during COVID-19 lockdown. These resources are aimed at parents and carers to help them support their child’s mental health. The emerging minds website address is www.emergingminds.com.au
- Headspace website and app provide strategies children can use when feeling anxious, for example, journaling and mindfulness. https://headspace.org.au/
- Australian Psychological Society provide information sheets on how to manage various problems including lockdown fatigue and remote learning strategies for children with learning difficulties. https://www.psychology.org.au/for-the-public/Psychology-topics/COVID-19-Australians